Whatever the case may be, having damaged teeth can be painful and limit how much you are able to eat, drink, and smile. This sucks, especially when many treatments for this can take multiple appointments and go on for weeks at a time.
Luckily, a new technique known as CEREC, or chairside economical restoration of esthetic ceramic, exists! This technique makes it possible to produce a crown to fit your tooth in a single appointment! Here is how we maximize our use of CEREC at Woodlawn Dental Center in Cambridge, Ohio.
How Does CEREC Work?
CEREC works by using computer-aided design and manufacturing to properly document the tooth that needs a dental device. This aids the dentist and leads to more accurate, longer-lasting dental devices than ever before. CEREC can make anything from bridges to crowns and much more. We at Woodlawn Dental Center find that it works best with the making of dental crowns.
CEREC has a few steps.
- First, the tooth is cleaned of any plaque and debris.
- Then, a digital impression is made using high-definition intra-oral video scanners and design software.
- After this, the dentist will take time using computer-aided design and manufacturing programs to analyze the impression and design a dental crown.
- Next, these designs are sent equipment known as a grind and mill which will create the crown.
- Finally, the crown is placed in your mouth. Altogether, this process takes a couple of hours to complete and leaves you with lasting support for your mouth.
Through this technique, you are able to get the quality crowns that used to take multiple appointments of impression taking and design time. With this precision-perfect crown, you will have a stronger than ever tooth that will make eating, drinking, and smiling possible, easier than ever, and worry-free!
Please note, for some CEREC is not the best option. CEREC only has a handful of options for usable materials so consulting on whether CEREC is right for you is important before committing to a CEREC treatment.
Figuring Out If CEREC Is Right For You
Knowing whether CEREC is right for you can be difficult. Luckily, our amazing team of doctors at Woodlawn Dental Centers are trained and ready to answer questions about the process. If you would like to speak to any of our doctors, Dr. Franklin Maximo, Dr. Gregory Harris, Jr, and Dr. Chase Culbertson, about scheduling an appointment in our office in Cambridge, OH, we would be happy to out! Give us a call at (740) 630-9380 to find out if CEREC is an option for you!