Getting a new smile that is bright and straight can certainly be a dream for those currently dealing with discolored, misshapen, or crooked teeth in Cambridge, Ohio. Well, fortunately, your dreams can certainly come true with the latest in dental restoration options, including veneers and lumineers.
A dentist will normally help you determine which option would be best for you. However, you may be wondering what each option is which can aid in selecting the best possible option based on your goals and preferences.
What Are The Differences?
Veneers are a type of dental cosmetic material that can restore your smile should there be any misaligned, misshaped, discolored, or crooked teeth. Lumineers are a type of veneers that require less preparation and dental work to be placed. Lumineers are made from thinner materials than veneers and are a great alternative for those looking for a lighter, more translucent feel and look.
While both options offer a new and improved smile in a natural looking way, there are a few additional differences and variations in material and results.
- Made from a thicker material
- Long lasting (5-20 with good care)
- May require additional natural tooth adjustment (i.e., grinding or shaving down the natural tooth to fit the veneer)
- Are typically offered universally as a restorative option
- Thinner than porcelain veneers
- Can last as long as veneers, but more susceptible to damage
- Require less preparation time (adjustment of natural tooth thickness or shape)
- Are not offered by all dental professionals
While both veneers and lumineers represent two great options to reveal a new smile in a relatively short amount of time, it is important for a dentist in Cambridge, Ohio to be fully knowledgeable and educated on the process of these restorative options, their preparation, and provide you with the necessary knowledge to ensure that you will achieve long lasting results. One this is for sure, whichever option you choose, veneers and/or lumineers will be a great way to reveal your best smile yet!
Lumineers or veneers? Decisions, decisions!
Are you looking for a cosmetic option to revitalize your smile? Gain guidance from our doctor, Dr. Franklin Maximo, in our office in Cambridge, Ohio to get started today!